Download H&R Block 2018 - 2019 Tax Software
The H&R Block download and CD tax software versions can be accesses through their website at hrblock.com where you can choose your software edition. You can purchase computer based tax software for downloading directly to your computer, or as boxed CD versions that will be shipped to you at your designated address.
Purchasing H&R Block CD or Download Products
After choosing your H&R Block download tax software product, you can complete the purchase and begin the download process to place the software on your computer.
To begin the installation process select the download folder where you stored the product when downloading it, usually on your desktop or in your documents folder.
Installing H&R Block For Windows Programs
- Close any applications that are open
- Double-click on the HR Block program file that you downloaded
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen. It is recommended that you install the program files in the default location.
Installing H&R Block For Macintosh Programs
- Close any open applications on your computer
- Double-click on the downloaded (.dmg) file you downloaded from H&R Block
- Drag the H&R Block file to the Applications folder
- Open the H&R Block application from the Applications folder
Installing Macintosh H&R Block State
- Navigate to the downloaded (.dmg) file folder
- Double-click the .dmg file
- Double-click the State.bundle file, where you see the 2-letter abbreviation for your state. Example: MI. for Michigan state tax software.
Installing H&R Block Tax Software from a CD
When you install H&R Block 2018 - 2019 tax software from a CD, follow these steps:
- Close all programs that are open
- Insert the CD into your CD-DVD drive
- If the program does not run automatically, follow these steps
- Click Windows Start button, and then select My Computer
- For CD's purchased from a retail store, right-click on the drive that contains the H&R Block program CD, click Explore on the shortcut menu, then double-click Setup.exe or TCAuto.exe.
- For CD's received in the mail, right-click on the drive that contains the H&R Block CD, click Explore on the shortcut menu, and then double-click TCAuto.exe.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
- Close all open programs on you computer
- Insert the CD into the CD-DVD drive
- If the CD doesn't automatically start, double-click the CD icon on your desktop
- From the CD window, drag the application to the computer drive icon
Note: To ensure proper performance, you should install the program in the Applications folder for the program to perform the best.
Downloading & Installing H&R Block Updates
You can update H&R Block tax software from within the program or by downloading an update from the H&R Block Update Center.
To update H&R Block software from within your tax program:
- Open the software program
- Go to Tools menu and select Update The Program
- If it shows that there is an update available, click Update
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete your update